Decomissioning and Bespoke cutters
Special purpose cutters built for industry
JAG SP Series Decommissioning and Bespoke cutters
JAG have a rich history of designing, manufacturing and supplying bespoke cutting devices that are suitable for many applications ranging from the factory floor to the deep depths of the ocean floor.
With over 30 years industry experience we have developed numerous Bespoke hydraulic cutting devices with differing specifications relating to a number of industry requirements. Utilising this experience we understand that trying to fit a square peg into a round hole is not going to be the best solution when precision is required, which is why our design team can work with you to plan, design and built a fully Bespoke hydraulic cutting device that meets your exacting requirements and is always fit for purpose
JAG SP Series special purpose hydraulic cutters are uniquely designed and individually manufactured to meet specific client requirements.
These special purpose cutters can incorporate the following special features:
- Cylinder options – Single or double acting with specialised port configurations and high tonnage options for low supply pressure hydraulic system applications.
- Protection options – To suit the operating environment, an epoxy paint finish for radioactive, offshore open air applications and a nickel plate finish for offshore sub-sea applications.
- Operational options – Manual, remote or robotic.
- Sealing options – To suit the operating environment, HPU seals for applications with water based hydraulic fluids where risk of fire is prohibited and FPM / FKM seals for high temperature applications.
JAG SP Series special purpose hydraulic cutters are designed with a built in 4:1 safety factor and a maximum working pressure of 10,000 PSI. They are manufactured, inspected and tested in accordance with the relevant requirements of the recognised technical standards: EN -ISO – Hydraulic fluid power for safety requirements of systems / components. EN – ISO – Safety of machinery for design/risk assessment/risk reduction and are certified accordingly. They conform with the relevant essential health and safety requirements as laid down in the machinery directive, pressure equipmet directive and are CE marked accordingly.
These cutters have previously been specified with the following special equipment options:
- Hydraulically operating jaws and hatches
- Roller guide systems
- Mobile workstations
- Mounting brackets
- Vertical / horizontal mounting frames
- Guarding systems
- Cable / Wire rope clamp assemblies
- Hydraulically operated safety latch mechanisms
- Guide assemblies
- Lifting / anchor brackets
- Fixed latch assemblies
- Guide chute systems
- Integral intensifiers
Bespoke Emergency Disconnect Hydraulic Cutting Systems
JAG Industries specialise in the design, manufacture and supply of complete Bespoke Emergency Disconnect Hydraulic Cutting Systems
We have supplied cutting equipment for use on projects within:
We have supplied the following Offshore industry sectors:
- Offshore decommissioning
- Merchant Shipping
- Offshore construction
- Renewable marine energy
- Offshore cable laying and retrieval
- Naval ships and Naval submarines
- Hydraulic cutting equipment
- Control stations
- Fabricated guide assemblies
- Hydraulic power units
- Mechanical guide assemblies
- Fabricated mounting frames
- Accumulator packs
- Back up equipment
- Purpose built gravity roller conveyors
- Replacement parts
- Hydraulic hoses, gauges, fittings and safety valves
A proven track record for success
JAG Hydraulic Cutting Equipment has a proven track record within the following industries:
Offshore Oil and Gas Decommissioning / Production / Exploration and Sub-sea Engineering
- Cutting of high tensile wire rope guy lines during construction of the World’s first Guyed Tower Platform in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Cutting of high tensile mooring chain during relocation of an offshore refuelling station
- Emergency disconnect of armoured umbilical cables during a decommissioning project
- Cutting of retrieved umbilical cable on a quay side recycling plant
- Cutting of decommissioned waste material on board a vessel while offshore
Nuclear Power Generation / Decommissioning
- Cutting of spent nuclear fuel rods while submerged in a reactor pond
- Cutting of waste radioactive material within a hotcell
- Cutting of fuel cell components during a decommissioning project
- Cutting of spent nuclear fuel rods in a radioactive cell
- Cutting of radioactive structural sections during decommissioning phase of a nuclear power plant
Precision, controlled and safe material cutting
JAG Hydraulic Cutting Equipment has been designed and manufactured to excel in Safety, Quality, Durability and Ease of use to ensure total customer satisfaction.
JAG is the UK’s leading manufactured hydraulic cutting equipment brand and has increased operator safety when working in hazardous environments by using enclosed moving parts and creating zero emissions when cutting. It has also increased productivity by using a fast non-jamming guillotine cutting action and when connected to a high pressure hydraulic system will give the ultimate cutting performance.
JAG Hydraulic Cutting Equipment has been specifically engineered to meet rigorous requirements, cut the toughest materials in intense production applications.
- High Tensile Wire Rope/ ARMOURED POWER CABLE
- Casing String/ POWER CABLE/ Wire
- ARMOURED UMBILICAL CABLE
- High Tensile Steel Chain/ STRUCTUAL SECTIONS
- RADIOACTIVE FUEL RODS
- EM Tyre Bead/ HIGH TENSILE REINFORCING BAR
- SUCKER RODS/ Hose Lines
- Fibre Rope/ TELECOM CABLE
Plus, a broad range of associate materials which are also within the equipment’s cutting capacities.
JAG - THE ULTIMATE CUTTING FORCE WHATEVER THE MATERIAL